We are seeking a Director (Strategic Planning) for a government statutory board. The incumbent will be involved in strategizing and growing the Maritime industry of Singapore.
- To play a critical role in supporting and growing Singapore’s maritime industry (including sea port operators, ship management, rig/shipbuilding sectors).
- Take the lead in economic Planning and strategic Planning.
- Analyse economic data of different segments of the maritime industry.
- Identify and assess paradigms, challenges and potential issues facing the maritime industry.
- Identify potential scope for further growth and development in the maritime industry.
- Identify gaps (e.g. manpower, competency gaps) and develop initiatives or solutions to overcome them.
- Work with governing authorities, agencies, industry players and other stakeholders to identify solutions to challenges faced by the maritime industry as well as on the implementation/delivery of projects.
- Streamline processes and policies to enhance the competitiveness of the maritime industry and continuity of Singapore as a leading global maritime hub.
- Drive , execute and monitor economic planning, strategic planning functions, risk assessment and corporate planning cycles.
- Provide long term plans and goals, KPI and matrices for assessing the performance of the industry.
You shall have the opportunity to work for a reputable Employer with a reputation as an Employer of Choice known for its emphasis on human capital development. An attractive remuneration package with wide range of employees’ benefits, good career development prospects awaits successful candidates.
- Candidate must have a Master/Bachelor Degree in Economics, Statistics or Maritime Studies.
- At least 10 years of experience in Economic / Strategic Planning or Industry Development.
- Candidate in Senior Management capacity in Maritime or Marine industry would be considered.
- Possess excellent leadership qualities, communication and interpersonal skills.
Email CV in MS Word format to email@example.com
Please include a recent photo, expected salary, last drawn salary, availability/notice period and reason for leaving past employment(s) in your CV.
Note: This Singapore-based position is not open to foreigners