Our Client is leading MNC in the Maritime Industry.
- Provide leadership in technical aspects and managing teams of contractors and vessel crew to provide cost effective and timely solutions to engineering problems.
- Ensure the full technical readiness of all the vessels are maintained.
- Responsible for the Technical/Engineering functions of the Fleet
- Planning, controlling and execution of all activities connected with maintenance, repairs, survey and certificate requirements, drydocking, conversion or modification of assigned vessels
- Monitor and control costs of repairs and maintenance
- Develop, implement and execute planned maintenance and purchase systems.
- Monitor and ensure all vessels comply with factory/class/charterer requirements
- Monitor and approve supplies of ship technical stores/spares
- Close monitoring of the fleet’s daily status
- Ensure vessels are maintained in safe and seaworthy conditions by complying with rules & regulations, codes and guidelines
- Ensure safety and safe working practices as an operational priority
- To work as liaison between crew and management
- To assist the vessel’s crew with hands-on maintenance of the assigned vessels when required
- Troubleshooting and rectification of failure of vessel machinery
- To assist, undertake and perform other duties as may be required from time to time to ensure the engineering efficiency of the department is maintained
- You shall have the opportunity to work for a leading and well known Global brand name in the Maritime industry, well regarded as an Employer of Choice due to its emphasis on Human Capital Development and Innovations.
- Possess a Class 1 Marine Engineer Certificate or equivalent
- Possess relevant experience as Ship Chief engineer / Technical / Marine / Engineering Superintendent
- Good technical knowledge of Ship Machinery and Electrical Systems
- Excellent leadership, independent, problem solving and interpersonal / communication skill.
- Able to travel regularly or sail on-board the company’s vessels regularly.
- Permanent position
- Based in UAE
- Accommodation, travel, other expat benefits provided
- One month’s Off for every 6 months’ of service
- Excellent prospects and growth opportunities.
- Email CV in MS Word to: email@example.com
- Please include your recent photo, expected salary, last drawn salary, availability/notice period and reason for leaving past employment(s) in your CV.
- We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified