Our client is a reputable global employer with over 20,000 employees world wide involved in various fields including energy services, utilities, shipping, offshore and built environmental sectors. It is a leading employer in the market and well regarded as an Employer of Choice due to its emphasis on innovations and human capital development.
- Part of the Procurement and Supply Chain Management Team to support the material requirements for the Production Centers
- Review requisitions and clarify with user departments on discrepancies or incomplete information with regards to specifications, quality, quantity and delivery requirements
- Recommend substitutions where savings in cost or improved delivery will result
- Solicit and analyze quotations for stock and non-stock items
- Select the most competitive source negotiate for the best deal
- Obtain required approval and initiate purchase order
- Expedite orders to ensure timely delivery of materials
- Handle adjustments with vendors involving replacement & rejection of materials not conforming to purchase specifications, return of surplus materials, cancellation of orders, etc
- Compile and maintain library of catalogues, price list, etc. to be used for reference
- Visit vendors’ plants to familiarize with key personnel and analyse vendors’ facilities and capabilities
THE REWARDS :
- You shall have the opportunity to work for a global, innovation-driven organization that is regarded as an Employer of Choice due to its emphasis and premium on Human Capital. Excellent career prospects and staff benefits for successful candidates.
- Salary and title to commensurate with qualification and relevant experience
- 2-Years’ Contract position (Renewable subject to availability of projects after the 2 years)
- Staff benefits, Performance Bonus and Project Completion bonus provided
- Degree/Diploma in any discipline, good communication and negotiation skills.
- At least 3 years of Purchasing experience in **Marine / Construction / Engineering / Heavy industry**
- Experienced in handling direct technical procurement.
- Able to commit fully for the duration of the 2-years Contract and complete the projects assigned
Email CV in MS Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your recent photo, expected salary, last drawn salary, availability/notice period and reason for leaving past employment(s) in your resume.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be contacted.