Our client is from a leading employer in the Marine industry, part of a Global Group employing over 30,000 people worldwide. It has established itself as an Employer of Choice due to its’ global branding, drive for innovation as well as its’ emphasis on human capital development.
HEAD / GENERAL MANAGER, COMMERCIAL
- To head the Commercial team
- Responsible for the success of shipbuilding / ship conversion projects undertaken by the company.
- Ensuring that projects awarded get on to a good start through good contracting, viable pricing, realistic scheduling and good customer relationship management.
- Facilitate the Project Management Team in the variation order process, procurement of major equipment and services and vendor management system in areas of engineering, commissioning and warranty support.
- Take the lead in tenders for new shipbuilding projects
- Responsible for hedging costs, terms and conditions, delivery schedule and validity of offers from vendors
- Manage the commercial aspects of multiple projects including preparation of appropriate documentation in the support of claims negotiation, extension of time, cost control and financial recovery from clients and vendors
- Review vendor/client contracts to ensure compliance to project specifications and to identify deviations from accepted company policy, practice and any unusual business or logistical risk
- Be a strategic partner and lead to the project management and operations teams to achieve the company’s business plans and results
You shall have the opportunity to work for a world class and leading global brand name that is both innovation-driven and widely regarded as an Employer of Choice due to its strong emphasis and premium on Human Capital and developing its People.
Bachelor Degree in an Engineering discipline and at least 10 years’ experience of relevant experience. Expert knowledge and experience required as the incumbent is expected to head the division and take charge of multiple large scale projects
Email CV in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your recent photo, expected salary, last drawn salary, availability/notice period and reason for leaving past employment(s) in your resume.
Only short listed candidates will be notified.